Tam's World

Welcome to My World

Monday, November 28, 2005

Black Friday

The madness at this years Black Friday sale was out of this world. I’ve never participated in Black Friday sales mainly because I’m super lazy and I love my bed. I normally wouldn’t wake up for ANYTING at 5:00 am or earlier unless it has to do with the ministry, and even then it takes a lot of prayer. After looking at the ads I noticed that Best Buy was having a great deal on a Toshiba laptop and it was a little under $400. After lots of begging I got my parents to say that they would purchase it for me. So Thursday night after having an amazing witness thanksgiving at some friend’s house I set my alarm for 4:00 am. I wanted to be at the Best Buy off Hwy 124 at 4:20 to beat the rush. HA! I couldn’t sleep because I was worried that some fanatics were going to be camped out at best buy and I wouldn’t get my laptop. I left my house at 3:20 and reached at the Best Buy at 3:30 am. Let me describe what I saw picture this about 70 people camped out in sleeping bags at the store entrance. Yikes!!! Then I found out that there was a minimum of 10 of the Toshiba laptops and 15 of the gateway. I was still very optimistic when I received a store map that showed the locations of everything. However at 4:30 they started passing out vouchers for some of the deals. When the sales associates came to my area the Toshiba laptop vouchers were all given out, however I’m glad I stayed in the line because I received a better laptop ( more memory, more ram, more everything) for $200 dollars more, and I got the LAST voucher. Just think this all happened before 5:00 am.
Did anyone else purchase anything cool on Black Friday?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting. Unless they were U2 tickets or as you said, some theocratic activity with prayer involved to get up, would I get up that early to purchase anything. Glad it wasn't a waste of good zzz's and you were able to get one of the laptops. Now you can e-mail me from anywhere!!! YAY!!

11:05 AM, December 01, 2005  
Blogger Tianna said...

I'm not saying i am jealous, cause i got to sleep in on friday. Keep your Stupid laptop, i am not jealous. really. i am not. not at all. I could care. it's not like i wanted one. I dont even like electronics. i don't care, i am not jealous.
stupid head.

12:05 PM, December 01, 2005  
Blogger Tami said...

Tam: Good job on your first comment. Yes hopefully this laptop won't have communication problems with your pc at work like my other one does. Thanks for commenting Tam! I look forward to reading more of your comments in the future.

Oh, and Tianna I know you don't care about my stupid laptop, but if you ever wanted to see it and check it out I could bring it when we hang out Dec. 2006. Just kidding! It won't be that long. I'm serious about hanging out with you guys. I'm making a commitment. You want a signed agreement, where do I sign?

3:52 PM, December 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home