Tam's World

Welcome to My World

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Work at Sirens

In case any of you all missed me yesterday I was out in my ministry till 4 p.m.

After balancing my checkbook yesterday morning I felt incredibly broke and joked with my sister that I need a second job. She then told me that she could let me work at her job if I really wanted the extra money. I seriously thought she was joking till she called me at 2 p.m., and asked if I could come into work. Apparently her store needs a lot of work unpacking new shipments, and getting their new inventory on the floor. I called my friend Candace and some of my other friends to see if they would like to help out and get some extra cash. Candace went in around 3 p.m. and Sheanna and I started work around 6:30. I was initially going to get there at 5 then I changed it to 6, and when I was walking out the door Sheanna decided at the last minute she wanted to go too. Anyway as I walked into Sirens (I've never bought anything there before) I was sent into the back to organize their back room. All I have to say is good lord. They had hangers everywhere and they had a new line of pants that needed to be taken out of the boxes. Did I mention I didn't get anything to eat before I came into work? After working for an hour and half Sheanna and I were starting to get headaches so we asked another manager if we could take a five minute break she said "Sure that's fine." I then told my sister the big manager in the store I was leaving to get a bite to eat. She then said "Why did you even come if you are not going to work?" I promise you five minutes later she called me on my cell to yell and say " I really don't know why you guys came to work I mean you've been gone 20 minutes and you weren't even here long. I've been here all day and I haven't taken a break." I just thought to myself I think Sirens is in a time zone all their own if five minutes is twenty over there. Anyway my back hurts and I'm tired today I just thought I would explain why my brain is not functioning well enough to come up with a more interesting blog. Any comments on my day of crap with my sister the manager? I tell ya sometimes family and business really don't mix.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:32 AM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Tianna said...

honestly!!! Who removes comments!!!

4:43 PM, August 19, 2005  
Blogger Tami said...

I did! It was so sad that I actually made a comment to start it off. I ended up erasing it because it was too pathetic. LOL Yes so I'm the author that deleted the comment.

4:59 PM, August 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home