Tam's World

Welcome to My World

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

South Beach

I don't think anyone has tried so hard to stick to a diet as much as I have tried to stick to the South Beach diet. I mean seriously last week I was ready to start, and then I had a chocolate chip cookie breakdown. I figured I would just start on Tuesday instead. Tuesday came around, and I felt horrible totally zapped with no energy, but I stuck with it. Wednesday came around and I felt even worse. Finally Thursday came along, and I couldn't do it anymore I was irritable, cranky, and sleepy and I NEEDED a cookie and some bread. All in all last week I was able to stay on the South Beach diet for two and half days. That must be some new record! I forgot that the reason I was feeling so badly was because I didn't have enough protein ,and I'm already hypoglycemic. Sugar is a big no no on this diet.

Anyway I got a game plan together to start again this Monday, and it went super well. I was so excited! I'm finally doing the south Beach diet and I feel great. Yay! Today however is a totally different story since I went out in service. It seemed like everyone wanted to eat at a place that I couldn't find a South Beach friendly meal not to mention all the questions like "Why are YOU on South Beach?" Needless to say I didn't stay on my diet today. I had a Big Mac (Not South Beach Friendly), Cold Stone Ice Cream (Extremely bad for anyone on South Beach) and a fruit salad. The only productive thing I did besides spending time in service was work out for 45 minutes. I'm beginning to think that I'm not going to be able to stick to this diet. Do I have the patience and the willpower to do so? I sure hope so because I'm going to try it again tomorrow.

Comments anyone?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Yea thanks for the tip. My friend Jessica is suppose to do it with me, but I didn't call her before my crazy meltdown today. :)

10:45 PM, August 09, 2005  
Blogger Tianna said...

Well, I think you have a lot more will power than most. I have a baby bowling ball in my gut, and I'm not pregnant!!! You are going to do fine.

9:28 AM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Tami said...

She could have told a girl. LOL Anyway attempt number three is underway and so far so good. I had a South Beach friendly breakfast. If only I could just be around fellow South Beachers I'd be fine.

10:02 AM, August 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home